Our Walking Centre is a large multipurpose space occupying the first floor of our main Pod Páirc building. It can hold up to 80 people for a function, yet it is equally suited to a small group sitting round having coffee. A bright well-appointed room, it has a panoramic view over the hills and valleys towards Castledonovan. The Walking Centre has many purposes:
- Reception area for booking in to the Pod Páirc
- Information area for all walks in West Cork. There are free leaflets from many part of West Cork
- Retail area with books, maps, pilgrim books, walking staffs, hats and raingear.
- Food serving area. At certain times of the year, and for certain package weeks we offer breakfast, coffee or lunch from our farm kitchen situated in the Walking Centre.
- Function room: The room is available at certain times of the year for functions, banquets and smaller gatherings….
Please contact David and Elizabeth at (00353)-2831547
Since walking is the main tourism activity in this part of West Cork we have designed our centre to be of maximum benefit to people who want to walk the long and short distance trails. We are also available to give personal assistance to people in terms of advice on suitable walks. On occasion we are available to lead group walks/pilgrim retreat walks. We can also arrange transport to and from walking destinations on the Sheeps’ Head and St Finbarr’s Pilgrim Way and we can put arrange accommodation along the route for you, and luggage transfers if required. For full details of our special seven day Sheep’s Head/St Finbarr’s Pilgrim Way Walk please see www.westcorkwalking.com
Please contact David at (00353)-861735134.